Monday, February 25, 2013

0 Random Ramblings

-I didn't watch the Oscars and don't really care what a random group of Hollywood producers, directors and other film industry people think. I have watched exactly 0 of the nominated films. This article sums up pretty well what the Oscars are all about: http://filmdrunk.uproxx.com/2013/02/oscars-are-not-as-important-as-you-think

- I'm growing a beard, mainly out of laziness/curiosity. I generally hate body hair, so I figured I would shake things up and see what I could do with my facial hair. I don't have any weddings or job interviews lined up any time soon, so I can afford to let myself go, at least a little bit. It's still in the itchy stage, but in a couple of days the itching will fade and it will become a downy nest of facial brambles, perfect for birds to swoop down, assault me, and fly off with material for their nest. If you think about it, it's very green of me.

- I gave up drinking and sweets for Lent. You don't realize how often you have a beer or a cocktail until you stop drinking them. I rarely go out and get smashed anymore, but I was in a nice little rut of having a beer almost every night with dinner or while watching a movie or TV show. It feels weird going out to dinner and ordering water or meeting up with friends and drinking Diet Coke. I can not imagine being single and dating without alcohol. It would be borderline impossible. Still, it feels good to exhibit a little self control. Sweets are not as big of a deal, since I usually only eat them when Siobhan buys them or cooks them.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Jamie Dixon Cider Copyright © 2011 - |- Template created by O Pregador - |- Powered by Blogger Templates