Monday, December 24, 2012

1 The 14 Days of Christmas Songs... The Epic Conclusion

As I mentioned in a previous countdown day, having a daily countdown proved to be harder than I thought.  All the Christmas hustle and bustle with errands and shopping and all that jazz didn't make it any easier.  All excuses I know.  But it's time to finish off the countdown with one huge flurry of Christmas Songs!

Starting off the top 5, we have a tie at numbers 5 and 4 for Santa Claus is Coming to Town by the Jackson 5 and Bruce Springsteen. Both versions are so awesome that each gets a spot.  You have the awesome Motown sound of Jackson 5 and the incomparable all-American rock song of the Boss.  All I know is you better be good for goodness sake...

With the bronze medal at number 3 is All I want for Christmas is You by Mariah Carey... great song that is part of a great scene in Love Actually...

At number 2 is Christmas in Hollis by RUN-DMC.  Such an awesome modern aka, post my birthday, Christmas Song...

And at number one *drum roll* we have the 12 Days of Christmas by the Muppets and John Denver.  I remember always having my Dad play the Muppets record when I was growing up.  Playing Christmas records and being with family around the Christmas tree in Christmas morning.   It doesn't get much better than that...

Bonus... Jimmy Fallon, the best late night host and chronic sketch laugher, did a great version too...
http://gawker.com/5433562/jimmy-fallon-and-the-muppets-sing-the-12-days-of-christmas

I hope everyone has a wonderful and safe Christmas.  Merry Christmas to All!!!


1 comments:

  1. Any Top-whatever-list is a subjective matter, but Darlene Love and Phil Spector's Christmas (Baby Please Come Home) is, objectively, the best Christmas song of all time.

    Merry Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete

 

Jamie Dixon Cider Copyright © 2011 - |- Template created by O Pregador - |- Powered by Blogger Templates