Monday, December 17, 2012

0 The Best Movie (Album) of 2012

For the last 5 or 6 years, the popular trend has been to write a year in review column or column(s), talking about the best of every category that the writer has experienced that year. That is way too ambitious for me, but I think I can nibble a little bit at the edges and talk about some of the best things I have experienced during 2012. So without further ado, here is my best movie suggestion for 2012.

Author's Note: I had to go back and look and see what movies were actually released in 2012. Due to my failure to see many movies in the theater combined with the paltry showing from earlier in the year, this post is going to be about music.

The best album, for my money for 2012 was the Lumineer's self titled album "The Lumineers". This album was playing basically from August until now for me. Every track on the album is catchy but every track is different and unique in it's own way. I first found myself listening to Big Parade over and over, but then I started playing Dead Sea and that morphed into Ho Hey, and currently Stubborn Love is my favorite. The lyrics are simple and the music has a gospel/indie rock/Mumford and Sons like sound. If you have not yet listened to it, go check it out on spotify or youtube.


You may recognize Stubborn Love from a Dick's Sporting Goods commercial (which made Siobhan cry) of two brothers playing baseball. Good shit.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Jamie Dixon Cider Copyright © 2011 - |- Template created by O Pregador - |- Powered by Blogger Templates