Friday, June 7, 2013

0 5 for Friday, June 7

Another Friday means another 5 for Friday.  In honor of Lonely Island, the group with Andy Samberg that was behind all of the awesome SNL digital shorts, releasing another album this upcoming Tuesday, this 5 for Friday is the top 5 Lonely Island music videos.  Their performance of their new song Semicolon1 with Alanis Morissette is pretty decent.

Highlights:
Did I do that; Urkle.
Yo Angela who's the boss; Merkle.
A comma and a f&*king dot; semicolon.
You acting all Macchio; Ralph.
But I'll eat all you cats; Alf.

A nice and ironic performance by the Lonely Island with a little help from Alanis

Now onto the top 5...

5. Natalie's Rap


Highlights:
What you want Natalie?  To drink and fight.
What you need Natalie? To f%*k all night.
All the kids looking up to me can suck my dick.

Okay, I have to admit this song probably doesn't belong, but I don't care at all. I love Natalie. I'd do anything for Natalie. She's on the top of my celeb list.  Basically, she's so Big Time.  And it's awesome seeing her be the complete opposite of your expectations of her.  It's like the super awesome Chappel Show Skit with Wayne Brady.  So yeah the song isn't the greatest.  However, Natalie is the greatest, which means she's on the list.  It's my blog and I'll do what I want.

4. I'm On a Boat


Highlights:
I got my swim trunks and my flippy floppies.
Believe me when I say I f*&ked a mermaid.

The beginning of the video is awesome and is classic Lonely Island..  It looks like Andy is going to pick the rest of Lonely Island to go on a free boat ride but then the camera pans to T-Pain and the ridiculousness starts.  Over-the-top and ridiculous.  That's how Lonely Island rolls.

3.  Jack Sparrow


Highlights:
From the day he was born, he yearned for adventure.
Old Captain Jack giving them what for.
He's the pauper of the surf.
The jester of Tortuga.
But is Davy Jones' locker what lies in store?

Michael Bolton, the king of soft rock ballads + Random Movie References+ Lonely Island = Big Time.  I'm going to like anything with Michael Bolton.  I'm pretty sure listening to How Can We Be Lovers way too many times while drunk in college brainwashed me to like Michael Bolton.  Michael Bolton is the king of soft rock ballads.   Serious question though, how can two people be lovers when they can't even be friends?2

2.  Motherlover


Highlights:
What time is it dog? It's time for switch-a-roo.
Cause I'm a motherlover.  Your a motherlover.  We should f*&k each other's mothers.
Cause every mother's day needs a mother's night.
If doing it is worng, then I don't wanna be right.
It would be my honor to be your new step-father.

I debated between Motherlover and Dick in A Box and both certainly are great.  But I like Motherlover better because it just sounds better.  Either way, both songs are great in the Lonely Island way.

1.  I Just Had Sex
Highlights:
She could be my wife.  That good?  The best 30 seconds of my life.
I think she might have been a racist.  Doesn't matter had sex. She put a bag on my head.  Still counts.

Simply the best of the  best.  No explanation needed.  Honestly, I think Akon could sing any kind of lyric and it would sound great.

1If you want to be a grammar nerd and want to know how to correctly use a semicolon, then check out this great explanation: http://theoatmeal.com/comics/semicolon
2 I couldn't talk about Michael Bolton without asking.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Jamie Dixon Cider Copyright © 2011 - |- Template created by O Pregador - |- Powered by Blogger Templates