Friday, April 12, 2013

0 5 for Friday, April the 12th

Seriously, this will be regular feature.  I just had to missed last Friday's because I was en route to a bachelor party in beautiful Kentucky that was filled with tons of beers, bros and bourbon.  Anyways excuses aside here are 5 random things racking my always random brain...

1.  Elysium is going to be the movie of the Summer.  In case you missed it, the trailer for Elysium dropped this week and it looks amazing:

The movie is directed by Neil Blomkamp who directed District 9 a great movie that one day in the distant future will be mentioned in the best of movies discussion.  I'm also a fan of Matt Damon who is always solid.   For whatever reason, I love all movies and books with a dystopian future, which it sure looks like I will get plenty of in the movie.  By the way the effects also look pretty awesome.  So mark it down, Elysium will be big time and it will be THE movie of the Summer.

2.  Obama, your budget sucks and you drives me crazy.  I have a love/hate relationship with you, President Obama.  I love the fact that you aren't a soul crushing conservative crazy person BUT I don't like a lot of stuff you do.  Take the budget you just proposed, it includes a chained-CPI, which from what I read is basically a cut in Social Security.  After releasing the budget, you then said the chained-CPI wasn't your idea but it was a Republican idea.  If it's not your idea, then why include it in YOUR budget.  When you are negotiating with someone, you say what you want, the other side says what you want and then you make deals.  By including it in your budget, you claim ownership to the issue.  Republicans are getting attack ads ready to say how you are taking money from seniors.  I mean technically you are right that it isn't your idea but how didn't you learn from 2010 when you announced a "cut" in Medicare that was originally a Republican idea.  Heck, Paul Ryan who basically invented the idea tried to use it in the last election against you.  I mean come on, how can you act surprised that it is happening again.  You really need to learn how to negotiate better.  By the way, Social Security has no business being cut by you since you are supposed to be a Democrat.  If anything you should be expanding it.  Also, what is your deal  you just listen to Ronald Reagan cause even he knew that Social Security doesn't contribute to the deficit.  I'm just glad that it looks like a lot of the progressive good guys like Senator Elizabeth Warren aren't going to let this Social Security cut nonsense go through.  You are a Democrat, start acting like one.  So Barry Obama, your budget sucks and stop driving me crazy.  

3.  Mineo's is the best pizza in the Burgh.  I just had Mineo's last night and it was fantastic as always.  I don't care what other people say, Mineo's always delivers great taste.   So if you want some tasty Za, go to Mineo's it is the best.

4.  Time really does fly the older you get.  I remember years ago when I was in Elementary school, I once complained to my Uncle about how slow school is.  He responded that I shouldn't be complaining about that because time moves faster and faster the older you get.  I'm pretty sure I thought he was crazy at the time.  But he was absolutely 100% correct.1  I can't believe that it is already the middle of April of 2013.  I've been out of law school for over 5 years, which just seems crazy to me.  Before I know it, it will be my 31st birthday and I swear I just turned 30.  Where the heck has all the time gone?  Ugh, I'm getting old way too fast.  So time, I really wish you would slow down.

5.  Buying a house is expensive.  I'm about to close on my first house Larryville and costs keep on piling up.2  It's not just the list of fees like title insurance or inspection, it's stuff like furniture or paint or appliances   Going from a small apartment to be big house is a huge chance.  There is just so much more space to fill up.  But what is awesome is that I can do anything I want to it.  If I want to rip down a wall, I can do that.  If I want to change floors, I can do that.  I can do whatever I want, whenever I want.  Also another benefit, I know I won't be moving next year.  My streak of 7 straight years of moving is about to end.  So house I know you are going to be awesome, I just wish you would stop costing me so much money.  

1There is even some research that supports the idea that we perceive time differently as we age.  http://www.bbc.com/future/story/20120709-does-life-speed-up-as-you-age
2Full disclosure: by "my first house" I mean the house my roommate and I are buying and living happily in together.  Whenever you see the house, she will be the reason why it looks so cool.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Jamie Dixon Cider Copyright © 2011 - |- Template created by O Pregador - |- Powered by Blogger Templates