Friday, November 9, 2012

0 Pitt Basketball, I wish I knew how to quit you.

I am the eternal optimist when it comes to Pitt Basketball.  No matter how heart breaking of a loss, I always come back for more. Of the few times that my tear ducts have worked in my adult life, one was caused by the ending of this Pitt game:


Ugh. Then there was Pitt vs. Butler in the NCAA tournament, which had probably the dumbest foul in the history of basketball. Ugh. Then last year a CBI-Zebra Pen Championship. Ugh.  

Nonetheless, I'm back again this year.  But will this year be any different? This year's team is loaded with what you need to be successful in the NCAA tournament. A veteran point guard with no fear? Check. Tray Woodall knows scared money don't make money. Top freshman ready to come in and back an impact? Yep. Steven Adams and James Robinson are ready to go. Elite NBA talent? Oh yeah. Steven Adams is projected to be a lottery pick next year. Plenty of depth off the bench? They got that. J.J. Moore, Dante Taylor, Trey Zeigler and others all say hello. A coach who knows how to win? For sure. Jamie Dixon is one of the best coaches in the country.  Put this all together and this team will be ready to make a huge showing in March and hopefully April.  

So hot off my pretty successful election predictions, I am going out on a limb and predicting the Pitt 2012-2013 basketball team will finally make the NCAA Final Four. Hail to Pitt!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Jamie Dixon Cider Copyright © 2011 - |- Template created by O Pregador - |- Powered by Blogger Templates