Friday, May 24, 2013

0 5 for Friday, Memorial Day Weekend

A new 5 for Friday... Are you just imagining a new post on JDC?  No, you aren't. Here we are with some brand new thoughts. Seriously, the lack of posts by me in the recent few weeks is pretty lame. I'm really going to try to get better.  Although, I think I've said that the last few sporadic posts on here. But if I keep on saying it, then it will come true one of these times right?  Now let's get onto the ever so random 5 thoughts from me.

1.  Bucco fever. I think I'm starting to get a case of Bucco fever. They keep winning.  Not sure how. But they do. This last homestand they hit about .200 and still ended up 8-2. That's what winners do, find a way to win no matter what. Hopefully, I'll be writing about Bucco fever come October. So Let's go Bucs!

2.  Happy Endings being cancelled is so lame. Happy Endings was one of the funniest TV shows going but it was cancelled. I don't get how it can be cancelled while tons of other horrible shows are renewed. And the networks wonder why people don't watch as much.  I got the answer... It's cause you cancel good shows while keeping crap. If you stick with a good show and keep it on one night instead of moving it to Fridays the viewers will come.  So stop canceling good shows TV execs.

3.  Wallpaper removal ain't that bad. In my new house thee is a good bit of wallpaper and everyone said that it would be such a pain to get down. However, I (with some help from my brother and cousin) was able to get the wallpaper down in my bedroom in less than 4 hours.  The way people talk about wallpaper you would have thought it would take me days for a room.  There are two possible explanations for the discrepancy either my wallpaper is easy or people are too dramatic.  I'm leaning towards the latter. So don't be afraid of wallpaper cause getting rid of it ain't that hard.

4.  Apple keyboards suck. So I'm typing this blog post on my iPad and it sucks. I feel like I'm a grandma sending an email by hunting and pecking on keys.  And it's not just the iPad. I've had an iPhone for the past year almost and I still make mistakes typing. And the autocorrect is always correcting things in the wrong way. When I had my droid phone I could swype texts fast and accurately. It also didn't randomly change "to" to "TI" (maybe someone at Apple loves the Atlanta based rapper TI?). But now it's like I'm in the Stone Age. Why is it so bad?  I have no idea. But why the heck can't I pick what kind of keyboard. If I want to swype to type, let me swype Apple.  This is why Apple is losing its mojo. It treats all consumers like they are 5 years old. I want options but I get no options. All I know is that my next phone will be a droid. So does anyone want to trade me a S4 or HTC one for an iPhone 5?

5.  Holiday Weekends are Big Time. Extra long weekends are awesome (they feel even longer when it means you won't be in the office again until next Thursday but not many people can have that great of a schedule like I do).  They give you more time to relax. And when it's a weekend like Memorial Day weekend, it means there are fun events to go to like cookouts and parties.  I think we need more holidays so that we can have more long weekends. So, I'm looking at you Barry O, make it happen.

Everyone have a great Memorial Day weekend!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Jamie Dixon Cider Copyright © 2011 - |- Template created by O Pregador - |- Powered by Blogger Templates