Friday, March 1, 2013

1 American Idiot: The Musical: The Review

The other day I saw American Idiot: The Musical at Heinz Hall.  Actually, it was over a week ago, but I decided to put an offer in a house in Larryville, which meant by random time to blog was overtaken by stress filled decisions about house buying.  But anyways, a musical featuring Green Day Music?  Hmmm... I thought sure why not, this could be interesting.  It certainly didn't fail to be interesting.   It was beyond over-the-top.  You haven't lived until you've seen a couple dance involving really long rubber bands used for heroin and choreographed to a Green Day song.  Honestly, I didn't have a bad time at all.  I laughed the entire time, although not sure that I was supposed to be laughing, but the ridiculousness of it all was just so absurd.  It was so absurd that I actually thought it could have been a satire of musicals  but sadly they were being 100% serious.  Watch for yourself how ridiculous it actually is...


One huge complaint though, they really missed out in not sneaking Basket Case into a musical about a guy losing it all and cracking up.


So if you have been really begging to see a popular 90's group completely sell out and have a musical made with their music then see American Idiot: The Musical.  I personally cannot wait for the Third Eye Blind or Spin Doctors musical...


or


Make it happen Broadway!!!


Since I like to be cultured I got the season pass to musical (well lets be honest, it was because I wanted to make sure that I got tickets to the Book of Mormon), I'm going to start an ongoing power rankings...

Marty's Musical Power Rankings:
1. Les Miserables: a classic.  The show was actually pretty spectacular.
2. Flashdance: 80's movie turned musical based in the Burgh, a combination for the ages.
3. American Idiot: The Musical

1 comments:

  1. What other shows are included in the season pass? Deeeeeeets!

    What was the demographic breakdown in the theater? Older people? 20-something fancy date night? escape from the kids?

    ReplyDelete

 

Jamie Dixon Cider Copyright © 2011 - |- Template created by O Pregador - |- Powered by Blogger Templates